- Choose quality, the best that you can afford.Once you can do so, you can pick out good quality for less. Leave poorly made stuff behind.
- Minimize thins. Have only one of everything. Do not buy anything until you have completely exhausted its use.
- Keep your home in order.
- Do not overload your schedule
- Do things that make you happy.
Be selective of the activities and hobbies you pursue. Limit them to less than five.
- Don’t pay too much attention to fashion. Develop your own style.
- Learn to enjoy the simplest most authentic pleasures in life: a good book, cuisine made from the freshest ingredients, riding a bike.
- Choose your friends wisely. Look for friends with similar values.
- Go to church and grow spiritually. It does wonders for your heart.
- Learn something new. A new language, a skill. Pursue that nagging interest.
- Take up dancing. It does wonders for your walk.
- Traveling opens up mindsets and exposes us to culture where we can learn a thing or two.
- Keep your finances healthy. The art of good stewardship.
- Appreciate the arts. Learn to see beauty in the world around you. In paintings, music, plays, musicals etc.
- Throw a party! If you are intimidated, throw a small dinner party for five.
- You don’t need to know everything, just pick a few subjects you love and passionately pursue a deeper knowledge of it
- Cultivate a relationship with yourself. Spend some me-time. Always seek self-knowledge. It is easy to get lost especially when we wear many hats.
A refined person works on herself as God works like an artist. Slowly, surely day by day, loving the creation He has made and having a vision of the final completion … His masterpiece is You!